Friday, September 7, 2012

Whoa Baby!



Well, most of you know by now! I'm havin' another baby. We are excited. And yes, it was planned. We are very meticulous people if you know what I mean. For those of you who know me well, you know pregnancy (although I absolutely love it) sets me on edge a little. Biggest fears: Will I get PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) again? Will I get postpartum preeclampsia again? Will I gain 50 lbs again?! Ha! Ahhh well. 

I got more important things to worry about. Like having an almost two year old. In 6 days, my little precious rugrat will be turning 2 years old. My little love is already becoming a defiant, No-No sayin' little heathen. I kid. He's still a very beautiful, loving, mostly obedient child. But he's definitely changing it up a bit. He has NO desire whatsoever for a sibling. I can already tell you that. He hates when I hold other children and when I point to babies and ask him what he thinks about Mommy having another little baby, he cries. It's sad. But alas, he'll get used to the idea. 

Anyone got any babies I can borrow in the mean time? 

So here's my pregnancy update these days: I found out I was preggo in July. July 11 exactly. Baby is due in March. Around the 23rd or the 26th. Either way, three days won't matter will it? It was pretty quick, too. I was only 3 weeks at the time. Went to the doctor at 4 weeks and saw a tiny little dot in there. Went again at 7 and saw a little raspberry! Starting week 6 nausea hit like a ton of bricks. So much so that even the idea of doing laundry made me wanna' vomit. However, I only had one night where I spent by the toilet. I think it was something I ate. Whatever the case may be, after week 8 it eased up tremendously (only bouts of manageable nausea here or there) and I'm here to tell you that for the most part I do the first trimester well. 

Also, if we are comparing pregnancies I did well with David, too. So far it's been about the same. Don't know what that says about gender. I have all the normal pregnancy symptoms: sore boobs (sorry guys), exhaustion at times (but not all the time), crazy emotions (tissues one minute and steam from the ears the next), and indigestion (thank you Zantac). So far I've only gained 1-2 lbs (depending on what I eat the day before). My goal was no more than three for the first trimester but trying to just stick to 1 or 2. I realize it's my second baby so I'm going to LOOK preggo alot earlier despite whether or not I gain weight as fast. Oh well. I'm ok with that. I'm at the "fat" stage right now. I'm starting to look chunky and flabby with no real roundness to my belly just yet. That part lasts quite a while if I remember correctly. 

Babies heartbeat was 160 at 11 weeks and 2 days. David's was always in the 140 range. So that's neat that there is a difference. I take my blood pressure every day and monitor it because I have white coat syndrome so bad. I show it to the doctor as proof that it's normal and decent at home. 

I'll be 12 weeks on Sunday and I am almost done with the first trimester. I'm looking forward to the second trimester energy and marathon running and all that. I joke. Sorta. I just remember with David around week 13 or 14 it was like one day I slowly woke up and came out of the pregnancy fog. The nausea went away and life was good again! And food! MAN did food taste oh so good! 

:) I really am gonna' try to watch my weight better this time....






No comments:

Post a Comment