Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gorgonzola - a GREAT ingredient!

  
This recipe is for Bruschetta! I guess I'm spelling that correctly. I dunno. All I know, is that this will knock your socks off because it is absolutely amazing! The ingredients are as follows (really hard to put measurements on a recipe I just guess at, but I'll try). 
1 large onion or 2 medium onions, julienned
2 cups or so of chopped, fresh tomato (use whatever looks best in your grocery store that week)
Chopped, fresh parsley
EVOO, s and p
a nice crusty loaf of bread, cut on the diagonal
Gorgonzola

I start off by caramelizing the onions as shown above!

Diced tomatoes and fresh parsley, evoo, and s and p need to hang out with each other in a bowl. They need to love on each other for a little while until their flavors all meld together!


 This is what it looks like! Then I bake my bread (or if I'm feeling skinny that day I fry it in butter and get it all nice and crispy). The important thing is that the bread is crispy so that it holds up to the juicy tomatoes.
 Start assembling these wonderful appetizers! I load them up with caramelized onions and the tomato mixture.

 Then I pile on gorgonzola cheese, bake at 450 for five or ten minutes, finish with a broil to melt the cheese and eat!
     Pretty Bruschetta! Tastes great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment