Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gorgonzola - recipe # 2

This recipe I can't take credit for at all! I got it from my friend Windee who got it from allrecipes.com! So here's the link: 
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Orange-Walnut-Gorgonzola-and-Mixed-Greens-Salad-with-Fresh-Citrus-Vinaigrette/Detail.asp
   Arugula
 I used pecans instead of walnuts, because walnuts are gross! OH, and you DEFINITELY need red onion. I was out, but it MAKES the salad! So, to make the vinaigrette, I just followed the directions on the recipe! Really easy, and I keep it around now and I can throw the salad together really quickly!
 Toast your pecans!
 It's gorgeous, but like I said, missing the pretty and delicious red onion!
 Tastes FABULOUS with the bruschetta from the previous post!
  • 3/4 cup walnut halves
  • 10 ounces mixed salad greens with arugula
  • 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
  • 1/2 cup sliced red onion
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese 

No comments:

Post a Comment