Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall Decorations

Geeze, I seem to be a bloggin' fool lately. It's not because I don't have anything better to do. I just get excited about all the little projects I've been doing lately. Right now, at this moment, David and I are fighting and he fell asleep in the middle of the fight. Green beans before grilled cheese, that's my rule. David does NOT agree. He cried so hard, he's sleeping in the high chair right now. I feel bad, but I have to prove I'm in charge. Not to be mean, but so he'll obey. He's gotta' eat his veggies. So, I thought I'd take a moment to post my fall craft projects and decorating!
Project #1 - Leaf Garland
 Buy Felt. It's like 20 cents a sheet. Cut out about 8 to 9 leaves out of each sheet.
 Find a big needle and a big thread....OR you could use pretty rope and sew them together like so. It's easy. I don't even know HOW to sew and I did it.

Project # 2 - Spray Painted Pine Cones
 This was easy. Go buy/pick up for free some pine cones. I bought these because they smelled all cinnamony and were HUGE.
Spray paint them your favorite fall colors. I wanted to do an orange one, but thought it would clash. 

Project # 3 Glitter Gourds
 You just need some 97 cent gourds from Walmart, some Martha Stewart craft glitter (It's expensive), and some tacky craft glue and a paint brush.
 Brush on glue, sprinkle on glitter. Nuff said. I mixed some colors to get a fall green and a gold.

Project #4 - Something to go above my bed. Canvas and vinyl. 
Not quite done with this one yet, I'm going to add either ribbon OR a ready made frame. Not sure yet.
 This is what you need.
 Paint strokes one way.
 Paint strokes the other way.
 Take a paper towel and blend and wipe off excess.
 Add a vinyl saying.

 Hang using nails or ribbon. I might add a black or silver frame.
It made my bedroom pop! It was cheap, too! Canvas was 50% off at Hobby Lobby and I had a 40% off coupon for the vinyl quote. 




Here's the rest of my fall decor:







LOVE Autumn. Totally my favorite season! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment