Thursday, September 29, 2011

Refinished Sideboard Table/Foyer Table/Sofa Table?! I have no idea.

Last year my parents gave me this table for free. So I have no money in it. Isn't that the best? I don't know what kinda table this is, but I refinished it! Here are some pics! I know I've put all of them on facebook already, but I like to blog about my craft projects! So here we go!

 Before when the table was in my nonexistent foyer, but behind the couch!
 Then we rearranged the Living room and put it over by the fireplace. I love it there. Another Before picture!
 I woke up last Friday and decided that I was going to refinish it. I just decided. It was driving me crazy and fall always makes me want to be crafty for some reason. Here's the deal, I didn't want to spend any money on it though. I wanted to use materials I already had. So, I took paint from my house and mixed a green, with a white, and a little blue and got a cream. I was going for green, but oh well. Ha!
 I did have to spend $20 on a power sander, but I will use this baby. My next project is going to be refinishing my dining room table and chairs. :) So I didn't take pics of the process, but I sanded the tar out of the table. And then I painted it with my mixed paint.
 After one coat, I thought it was perfect! There will still flecks of the natural wood showing through and I didn't have to sand it and make it shabby chic at all, it just WAS!




 I knew I needed knobs, but I had a dilemma. I'd gotten by without putting any money in this piece and didn't want to put any more money in it. The knobs that came on it were old fashioned brass knobs, but I decided to spray paint them green with paint I already had. If i didn't like it, I could always go buy new ones. :)

 Turns out, I LOVE IT! They are so awesome! They POP!

 Then my mom and I decided it needed something above it but again I didn't want to spend any money on it. So I realized I had two mirrors I could spray paint with paint I already had! This is the result:


It makes my living room look SOOO cozy! I love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment