Friday, August 12, 2011

7 Year Itch, 5 Year Scratch

You know what really bothers me? Have you ever looked at someone else's wedding album and laughed because the bridesmaid dresses were so out of style or the wedding dress had long sleeves, poofy shoulders, and ridiculous amounts of lace? That is sooooo 70's, 80's, or 90's. Right? Pick your decade. Whatever. Well, I'm starting to feel that way about my very "traditional" wedding album and it was only 5 years ago. Oh well. I loved my wedding. It's just funny how time changes things. I have this personal goal that once I get to my goal weight and can fit beautifully into my wedding dress, then I'm going to have one last hoorah and have a "trash the dress" photo shoot! THEN, I am going to sell my dress. My daughter is NOT going to want it. I'm ok with that. I did not want my mom's.

          Anyway, happy 5 year anniversary to my wonderful husband of - well - 5 years. :) I cannot believe that at 25, most people my age still just getting started in life, I have been married for 5 years and have an 11 month old child as of tomorrow. I tell people all the time, I am living my dream! To be a wife and mother is all I've ever wanted. But to get to be Calvin's wife and David's mother? That's MORE than I ever could have asked or imagined. That's what God's Word says though, doesn't it?


Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Growth - taken from Biblegateway.com
 14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[a] 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.[b] 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. 20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.


This is one of my favorite passages of Scripture. I've prayed it for myself and for many a friend. If I've prayed for you, I might have prayed this. That God would give you more than you could ask or imagine. That HIS plan for your life would prevail, because it's SOOO much better than our plans for our lives.

To Celebrate the wonderful occasion of 5 years I wanted to, of course, post some wedding pics! I've posted them on FB, too. I know there are repeats, but these are a few of my favorites.






























Calvin: I love you so much. I know I don't tell you enough, but you are a GREAT husband and an excellent Father. Corny to say, but you are life a fine wine. You get better with age! :) Seriously, it's true. Every year we are married we get more wisdom and grow more in love. Here's a song from me to you that can express more than I can say: Dave Barnes - I have and I always Will

No comments:

Post a Comment